In 1996 Mastermyne was founded in Mackay by Andrew Watts and Darren Hamblin.
At this time the company comprised of only 2 employees operating in one mine.
Since 2010, Mastermyne has been listed on the ASX and now employs over 1000 people operating in more than 20 sites in Queensland and New South Wales.
Mastermyne’s significant growth can be attributed to both organic expansion and the acquisition of complementary businesses. Mastermyne selected and acquired each of these operations based on their cultural alignment, product and synergies, and identified opportunities to expand existing operations.
Mastermyne has enjoyed many key milestones in its history. Here’s a snapshot of our story so far:
- 1998 first longwall installation contract;
- 2003: Revenue: $25m; Staff: 200;
- 2004: Awarded Longwall Magazine’s Longwall Contractor of the Year;
- 2005: Champs Ventures and Management buy in: Ton y Caruso appointed CEO;
- 2010: Acquired MTR Mining Services: ASX Listing;
- 2012: Revenue: $272m: Staff: 1088
- 2015: new company structure and a new business group Mastertec.