|Project:||Appin Area 9 Development Project|
|Client:||South32 Illawarra Coal (previously BHP Billiton)|
|Start Date:||Jan 2013|
|Finish Date:||Dec 2015|
|Project Description:||The South32 Bulli Seam Operations includes the combined mining operations of Appin and West Cliff mines.
The Appin Area 9 Development project consisted of driving the travel and conveyor roadway from West Cliff to Appin West (life of mine roadways). Reclaiming gas drainage pipes, reticulation cables, redundant service pipes and rib/roof support to allow the life-of-mine belt system to be installed in the same roadway. A trunk conveyor system was built for around 3km, and then extended as production continued to around 7km.
Driveage included the travel road from 14-36ct, and the travel and belt roads from 36-51ct (holing point into Appin West).
Appin Area 9 Project was to reclaim already driven roadways in 516 panel. A large water management stub was also driven off 36ct to capture any overflow water in a power loss event.
The project was completed 4 months ahead of schedule saving South32 in excess of $2 million.
- About Us
- Mastermyne Mining
- Our Projects
- Kestrel Mine Extension
- Broadmeadow Portal Entry and Stone Drivage
- Moranbah North Mine Driveage
- Appin Area 9 Development Project
- Grosvenor Mine Drift Driveage development
- Dendrobium Development Operations
- Access for Jetty Headstock Refurbishment, Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal
- Mourilyan Ship Loader
- Saraji Shed Refurbishment
- Access Solutions Maintenance Contract, Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal
- Goonyella Riverside FY2017 CHPP Annual Shutdown
- High Access for L3 Incline Conveyor, Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal
- Investors & News
- Business With Us
- Contact Us