|Project:||High Access for L3 Incline Conveyor, Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal|
|Client:||Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal Management|
|Start Date:||Maintenance Contract start date Apr 2010|
|Finish Date:||Maintenance Contract completion date Apr 2019|
|Project Description:||Located 38 km south of Mackay, Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal (DBCT) exports thermal and metallurgical coal from Central Queensland’s Bowen Basin mines to ports around the world. The terminal operates around the clock and has a name plate capacity of 85 Mtpa.
In August 2014, DBCT maintenance team required specialist access to their L3 incline conveyor for remedial coating repairs to the lower section of steel work. The uppermost section of the conveyor is 30 metres above the ground.
Due to conveyor outage maintenance window, scaffold had to be installed in a limited time window and the client required the most cost effective solution. A traditional build of modular scaffolding constructed from the “ground up” would not meet the tight time constraints and would be cost prohibitive.
Using specialist Layher scaffolding the structure was built safely on the ground in 7 modules and craned in to position. The scaffold system effectively hangs from the conveyor structure. The system was designed by Mastertec and engineered by Layher and certified by Construc.
We delivered a 7m wide by 50m long solution over a 5 day / 10 shift period (within the allocated tight time frame). The project was delivered in half the time and used one fifth of the scaffold components that would have been required with a standard ground-up build.
- About Us
- Mastermyne Mining
- Mynesight Training & Development
- Our Projects
- Kestrel Mine Extension
- Broadmeadow Portal Entry and Stone Drivage
- Moranbah North Mine Driveage
- Appin Area 9 Development Project
- Grosvenor Mine Drift Driveage development
- Dendrobium Development Operations
- Access for Jetty Headstock Refurbishment, Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal
- Mourilyan Ship Loader
- Saraji Shed Refurbishment
- Access Solutions Maintenance Contract, Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal
- Goonyella Riverside FY2017 CHPP Annual Shutdown
- High Access for L3 Incline Conveyor, Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal
- Investors & News
- Business With Us
- Contact Us