Moranbah North coal is mined from the Goonyella Middle Seam, approximately 200 metres below the surface. The mine currently produces 4.5 Mt annually of high fluidity premium hard coking coal mainly for export to iron and steel manufacturers in Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
Moranbah North Mine is our longest running contract site, taking in to account the consecutive contracts performed on site we have been working there for over 14 years. The current contract commenced in April 2014 and has a current end date of April 2018, with an option to extend for another 12 months.
Contract Work Scope Includes
Under the current structure our project team performs the following activities for the mine:
- Secondary support activities
- Design and installation of ventilation devices
- Conveyor installations
- Supply and maintain equipment
- Supply trades to development panel
- Supply of ancillary labour
- Site preparation, Pre Installation and Recovery of Longwall equipment
- Conveyor maintenance (Record breaking statistic – MG602 and MG111 Conveyor reliability over 96%)
On average we have around 130 personnel on site, plus 9 staff. Crew numbers peaking at 230 during high workloads and numerous projects operating at the same time.
In addition to these works Mastermyne have been engaged to undertake standalone development portions of work when additional drivage is required during the mine planning process.
Starting in April 2017 Mastermyne will recommence operation of a standalone development panel with an additional workforce of over 50 personnel including operators, trades, supervision and coordinators.
Chemical Injection Works
We have specialised skilled labour working within our crews at Moranbah North Mine who have undertaken the following works;
- Drilled injection holes, packed and pumped mineral bond – LW110 chute roads
- Drilled injection holes, packed and pumped mineral bond – LW602 chute roads
- Drilled injection holes, packed and pumped mineral bond – LW602 seal sites due to strata failure
- Assisted contractor pumping rocil and fennor flex on longwall face