Mastermyne Group Limited
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in writing or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Examples of personal information include your name and address.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information to provide you with products and services, to fulfil related administration functions (for example, invoicing), to enter into contracts with you or third parties, to administer marketing or promotional campaigns and for customer relationship purposes.
The kinds of personal information we collect and store will depend on what products and services you request from us or we provide to you. It may include:
- personal information you give us when you request our services including name, mailing address, telephone numbers, email addresses;
- information you give us to process payments;
- communications between you and us; and
- if you are applying for a position, we will collect information as outlined in the section below headed “Employment Applications”.
We may collect your personal information directly from you, or from third parties including our related entities, contractors or agents.
If you do not provide your personal information we may not be able to provide certain products or services.
Storage of Personal Information
The security of your information is a priority for us so it is our policy to take physical and electronic security measures to safeguard your personal information. Although we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information.
Use of Personal Information
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities, which include, amongst other things:
- providing you with products or services as requested by you;
- administrative processes necessary to provide you with products and services;
- planning, researching, developing, improving and promoting products or services offered, or that may be offered, by us or our related entities;
- processing and considering your employment application (refer to the “Employment Applications” section below);
- addressing any feedback or complaints you may have;
- answering any questions you may have;
- any purposes for which it was requested and directly related purposes.
We will assume that you consent to your personal information being used in the manner specified above unless you tell us to the contrary in writing.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Any personal information collected from or about you may be disclosed by us:
- to any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information;
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- to our related entities, contractors or agents or third parties with which we have a contractual relationship for the purposes set out in the section above headed “Use of Personal Information”, or for other purposes related to the purpose for which the information is collected;
- to our professional advisors and other contractors; and
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
Such disclosure may involve the transfer of your personal information between countries.
If we do disclose your personal information, we aim to require the other parties to protect your information in the same way we do.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to receiving marketing and promotional material from us and our agents and contractors. In the event that you do receive marketing material from us or our agents or contractors and you do not wish to receive further material, you may remove your details from our mailing list by notifying our privacy contact as set out at the end of this document.
If you apply for employment with us, then generally the type of personal information we collect about you is any information contained in your application including name, mailing address, telephone number, career history and your education details.
We may also obtain information about you from other sources including your previous employers or nominated referees. Other information we collect may include sensitive information such as information about your health or any criminal record that you may have.
This personal information is collected for any one or more of the following purposes:
- to assess you for a position with us or a related entity;
- to assess whether you are suitable to progress to each stage of the recruitment process; and
- to store your information for any future job opportunities.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- organisations that provide us with services such as conducting competency or psychometric testing;
- referees or previous employers;
- recruitment agencies or related entities acting on our behalf;
- our related entities;
- law enforcement agencies to verify whether you have a criminal record;
- educational or vocational organisations to verify your qualifications.
Information gathered from our Website
We may collect non-personal information (for example, the identity of your internet browser, your IP address) to optimise our products and services including our website.
We may use and disclose this type of information for a variety of purposes including statistical purposes.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
Privacy laws give you certain rights to access the personal information we hold about you, however, there are some circumstances where those laws do no require us to provide such information. If we deny you access in certain circumstances to your personal information we will usually tell you why.
To request access to your personal information, please contact the privacy contact named below. We ask that you put your request in writing.
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you suspect that this may not be the case, and you would like your personal information corrected, please contact the privacy contact named below.
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information, please contact the privacy contact named below.
Please contact our privacy contact (below) if you have any queries about the personal information that we hold about you or the way we handle that personal information.
Privacy Contact Details
Address: Mastermyne Group Limited Level 1 Riverside Plaza
45 River Street
Mackay QLD 4740
Telephone: (07) 4963 0400
Facsimile: (07) 4944 0822
Adopted by the Board of Directors on the 22nd day of March 2010.